Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default FORMULA

See

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html

Modify it by inserting the line

.ClearContents

after

Range("B1").Value = Range("B1").Value + .Value

Note that this is, often, very inefficient, since there's no history -
if you make a mistake, it's difficult to recover.

In article ,
mdriscoll wrote:

I am not sure if Excel is capable of doing this, but hopefully someone out
there knows. I am trying to create a formula to do the following: In one
cell I will have a running total and in the other cell I want to enter a
number that will carry over to the cell with the running total in turn making
that cell blank until another number is entered.

Example: Cell One, enter the number three, Cell Two, current number 150
will change to 153 and Cell One will go back to a blank cell util used again.

????? This would be a great time saver if this is possible.