Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ACTIVATING A SOUND ALERT ON CELL VALUE

If DDE refreshes A1, then in another cell (say B1) enter:
=A1
This insures that a calculation monitors the value. Finally install the
following macro in the worksheet code area:

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("B1").Value 100 Then
Application.Speech.Speak "The price is right"

So if the DDE puts a proper value in A1, B1 will "see" it and the alert will
be issued.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200815

"SOLI" wrote:

MY EXCEL BOOK RECEIVES ON-LINE QUOTES FROM A DDE LINK.
HOW DO I SET UP AN ALERT TO ACTIVATE A SOUND (OR EXECUTE A PROGRAM ) WHEN
THE CONTENT IN A CERTAIN CELL REACHES A PRE-DETERMINED VALUE?
I AM NOT TOO FAMILIAR WITH VBA BUT USUALLY I MANAGE TO COPE WITH SIMPLE
MACROS.TKS.