Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel 2007 formula results not displaying

I don't have Excel 2007, but if *for every cell* you are seeing the formula
rather than the result, try the Microsoft Office button and choose Excel
Options Formulas and the "Show Formulas" option should toggle between
displaying the formula and the result.
--
David Biddulph

"Txlonghorn76" wrote in message
that still didn't work. I am using the formula =RIGHT(D2,4) and that is
what
is showing in the cell, not the right 4 characters. There has to be some
default that the sheet is set to but I can't figure it out.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

My guess would be that it's the same as would happen in Excel 2003, and
that
you've got the cell formated as text. Format as General and re-enter the
formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Txlonghorn76" wrote in message
I am new to Excel 2007 but have used 2003. I entered a formula in my
2007
spreadhseet and i only see the formula in the cell, not the results.
What
do
i need to do to have the resulst of the formula show not the formula?
Thanks!