Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Txlonghorn76 Txlonghorn76 is offline

Default excel 2007 formula results not displaying

i am getting =SUM(C2:C3)

at what point am i supposed to use crtl + ~ before or after the formula?

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Try this
Enter 1 in C1
2 in C2
Select C3 and press the autosum button... (Sigma Symbol) and let us know if
you see the result or the formula..

I hope you pressed CTRL and ` keys together... and not with SHIFT key also..

"Txlonghorn76" wrote:

that still didn't work. I am using the formula =RIGHT(D2,4) and that is what
is showing in the cell, not the right 4 characters. There has to be some
default that the sheet is set to but I can't figure it out.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

My guess would be that it's the same as would happen in Excel 2003, and that
you've got the cell formated as text. Format as General and re-enter the
formula.
--
David Biddulph

"Txlonghorn76" wrote in message
I am new to Excel 2007 but have used 2003. I entered a formula in my 2007
spreadhseet and i only see the formula in the cell, not the results. What
do
i need to do to have the resulst of the formula show not the formula?
Thanks!