Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default default time to PM after 12:00 pm

Hi,

You have 2 choices military time or AM/PM. If you simply enter 01:00 without
an AM/PM qualification then Excel can't know what you mean so will assume AM

Mike

Mike

"default time to PM after 12:00 pm" wrote:

Thanks Mike. I'm concerned about the users entering military time.

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

use the 24hr clock and enter 01:00 PM as 13:00

Mike

"default time to PM after 12:00 pm" wrote:

Currently Excel defaults to AM when entering a time. Does anyone know if I
can make default to PM when entering a time I know should be after 12:00pm?
I can't figure out how I can let Excel know I mean 1:00 PM rather than 1:00
AM without typing in the PM.