Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PSM[_4_] PSM[_4_] is offline

Default Variable link data

Thanks for your post. I've tried and tested your solution and it works a
treat.

Thanks again for your help.

~L;3072028 Wrote:
I was brain-dead yesterday. A much better way to do this:

="'\\company.local\Server\Office\Cpacks\C48\["&A2&".xls]Short'!$A$1"

Then copy, paste values should produce text of

'\\company.local\Server\Office\Cpacks\C48\[DocumentName.xls]Short'!$A$1

Then use the find/replace tool (ctrl+H) to chane '\\ to ='\\.

It might get stuck thinking the cells are text. If that happens, copy
the
values, reformat the cells in the destination to 'general' instead of
text,
then paste the values back in.

"PSM" wrote:
-

Thanks for your post.

Due to our company IT rules we do not allow any third party software
in
our system so I'm hoping for a answer from someone smarter and wiser
than me within Excel as I cannot think of a way.

Finger crossed.

--
PSM
-