Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] frarapp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Number of items in a set

On Nov 19, 9:43*am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Is this what you mean?

=COUNTIF(B1:B7,"="&num_points)

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Francois" wrote in message

Hi there
Is there a formula to get the number of items in a list defined like
this:, product a, b, c ... has points, and the list is ordered with
decreasing points values. The set is composed of the products that
have points *greater or equals to the number in the set.

So for example, with two columns:
a * 6
b * 6
c * 4
d * 4
e * 2
f * *1
g * 0

The set is made of a, b, c, d and the result would be 4.

I know I could solve this with vb, but I wonder if a formula could
give me the result. I have tried something with COUNTIF be the trick
is that I would need a criteria saying value in current cell <= row of
the current cell

Thanks a lot for any help

Francois

Yes, but num_points is variable since it's the number of items in the
set (or the row position if the items are ordered)