Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Making a cell empty

The "" will leave the cell empty
=IF(A1<100,A1,"")

"JoeP" wrote:

I have a column of numbers in a1 to a100. I would like to do an if test in
column B. If the value of the number in column A is less than 100 I want the
value resulting from the if test to be the value in column A. If however the
value in column A is greater than or equal to 100 I want the corresponding
cell in column B to be empty.

I know how to do an If function, but what I am not sure about is how to make
the False Value in the If function result in a cell being empty (I don't want
0 or "").

The reason I want to do this is so that when I chart this data from column B
on a line chart I want those values in column B that are empty not to have a
marker on the chart.

Thanks for any help.