Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Alexandra Lopes Alexandra Lopes is offline

Default Repeat text a number define of times

Hi,

I have copied the formula but it doesn't work..in F2 apears the formula
and not any result..I'm using Excel 2007..I don't know if it doesn't
matter..

Could you help me please?

Thanks,

Alexandra

vezerid wrote:
Say your table <names, number below is located in A1:B4 (A1="names",
A2="bad"). You will build an auxiliary column in C:C. In C2 enter the
number 1. In C3 formula to copy down:

=C2+B2

Now say you want to start the repeating values in F2. Use the
following formula in F2:

=IF(ROWS($F$2:F2)<=SUM($B$2:$B$4),INDEX($A$2:$A$4, MATCH(ROW()-ROW($F
$2)+1,$C$2:$C$4,1)),"")

You can copy down this formula and it will exhaust your table and
afterwords leave blank cells.

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Nov 18, 5:22 pm, Alexandra Lopes wrote:
Hi,

I want to repeat diferent names a number of times in diferent cells, for
example:

names number
bad 3
medium 9
good 3

A1

bad
bad
bad
medium
medium
medium
medium
medium
medium
medium
medium
medium
good
good
good

My dificult is that when I change the number of names, I want that this
writes the text the new number of times automatically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Alexandra