Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WoodyAccess WoodyAccess is offline

Default Drop down list selections creating values in adjoining cell

I have managed to create a drop down list in my main workbook (named:
December) from a list (named: Wines) from another workbook (named: DataSheet)

What I want to happen is that when I select one of the items from the drop
down list (cell C8 in workbook December) a price automatically appears for
that item in the adjacent cell (D8).

I have written all the wine types in cells A1:A37 in DataSheet and all the
prices for the wines in the adjacent box in DataSheet B1:B37 (So the price
appears next to the wine)

How do I get these values to appear after just selecting one iten form the
dropdown box in workbook December

I am a novice/intermediate excel user so please so please could you explain
things in a simple way
--
Thanks
WoodyAccess