Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default Shading

Bryan
What did you do with the macro? Exactly. What did you do to run the
macro? What is your macro security set at? What version of Excel are you
using? Otto
wrote in message
On 17 Nov, 21:50, wrote:
On 17 Nov, 21:22, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:

Here is the revised macro. The location of the names in the first sheet
is
immaterial except that the names are in Column A (doesn't matter what
rows).
HTH Otto
Sub JumpShade()
Dim TheName As String
Dim ShtANames As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
TheName = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Value
Sheets("A").Select
Set ShtANames = Range("E6:IT6")
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
ShtANames.Find(What:=TheName, Lookat:=xlWhole) _
.EntireColumn.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End wrote in message

On 17 Nov, 18:21, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:

Bryan
I assumed that the names in sheet 1 are in Column A starting in A2. I
assumed that sheet 2 is named "Two". I assumed that the active cell is
in
the row, in sheet 1, that has the name, in Column A, that you want to
jump
to in sheet Two. I assumed that the names are in sheet 2 in Row 1
starting
with cell A1. I gather that you want to place a button in sheet 1 to
make
this happen. Assign the following macro to that button. Note that the
names in Column A of sheet1 must match EXACTLY the names in Row 1 of
sheet
"Two". HTH Otto
Sub JumpShade()
Dim TheName As String
Dim Sht2Row1 As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
TheName = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Value
Sheets("Two").Select
Set Sht2Row1 = Range("A1", Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft))
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Sht2Row1.Find(What:=TheName, Lookat:=xlWhole) _
.EntireColumn.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End wrote in message

I have a 3 sheet workbook. Sheet1 has names etc, sheet2 has the same
names with other data. If on sheet1 I click on jump, it will jump to
that name on sheet2. What I want to try and do is this. When I jump
would like that whole column to be grey, enter my data then return
sheet1. Then if I jump on another name then that column to be grey.
Hopefully when I jumped the first time and it greyed out, when I
returned to sheet1 it went back to white. It would be easier to
enter
data in the grey cell without maybe using another cell by mistake.

Thanks for any help I may get.- Hide quoted text -

Ummm not exactly. I haven't explained it well at now I read your
reply. On sheet1 which is called Home the names are from A6 down to
A255 on sheet2 which is called A the names go from E6 to IT6.- Hide
quoted text -

Thanks Ootto, I will try it when I get home. Thanks again.

Bryan- Hide quoted text -

Otto, thanks for the assistance. I have added the macro but nothing
happens at all. No errors messages, nothing happens. I've tried
putting the macro on each page in case I was doing it wrong, each time
the same result.

Bryan