Gord Dibben

Ken

Try the usual fix(es) for this problem.

ToolsOptionsGeneral uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:46:02 -0700, "KenG"
wrote:

I'm running XP Pro and MS Office SBE. I recently applied several updates
from Msft (XP updates first, then the Office updates suggested) and now Excel
won't launch. I tried the shortcut, the menu item and double-click on an xls
file. It looks like it's going to load the program and then just disappears
with no error message.

I ordered a CD for SP3, but really, most of those updates are on already.
I'm thinking there was a problem with one of the Office updates, but cannnot
find any references to that scenario in the General Questions group.

My question is, should I reinstall Excel, wait for the SP3 CD or what?

Thanks in advance.