Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] bryan.delara@ntlworld.com is offline

Default Shading

On 17 Nov, 21:50, wrote:
On 17 Nov, 21:22, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:

Here is the revised macro. *The location of the names in the first sheet is
immaterial except that the names are in Column A (doesn't matter what rows).
HTH *Otto
Sub JumpShade()
* * Dim TheName As String
* * Dim ShtANames As Range
* * Application.ScreenUpdating = False
* * TheName = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Value
* * Sheets("A").Select
* * Set ShtANames = Range("E6:IT6")
* * Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
* * ShtANames.Find(What:=TheName, Lookat:=xlWhole) _
* * * * .EntireColumn.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
* * Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End wrote in message

On 17 Nov, 18:21, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:

Bryan
I assumed that the names in sheet 1 are in Column A starting in A2. I
assumed that sheet 2 is named "Two". I assumed that the active cell is in
the row, in sheet 1, that has the name, in Column A, that you want to jump
to in sheet Two. I assumed that the names are in sheet 2 in Row 1 starting
with cell A1. I gather that you want to place a button in sheet 1 to make
this happen. Assign the following macro to that button. Note that the
names in Column A of sheet1 must match EXACTLY the names in Row 1 of sheet
"Two". HTH Otto
Sub JumpShade()
Dim TheName As String
Dim Sht2Row1 As Range
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
TheName = Cells(ActiveCell.Row, 1).Value
Sheets("Two").Select
Set Sht2Row1 = Range("A1", Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft))
Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Sht2Row1.Find(What:=TheName, Lookat:=xlWhole) _
.EntireColumn.Interior.ColorIndex = 15
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End wrote in message

I have a 3 sheet workbook. Sheet1 has names etc, sheet2 has the same
names with other data. If on sheet1 I click on jump, it will jump to
that name on sheet2. What I want to try and do is this. When I jump I
would like that whole column to be grey, enter my data then return to
sheet1. Then if I jump on another name then that column to be grey.
Hopefully when I jumped the first time and it greyed out, when I
returned to sheet1 it went back to white. It would be easier to enter
data in the grey cell without maybe using another cell by mistake.

Thanks for any help I may get.- Hide quoted text -

Ummm not exactly. I haven't explained it well at now I read your
reply. On sheet1 which is called Home the names are from A6 down to
A255 on sheet2 which is called A the names go from E6 to IT6.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Ootto, I will try it when I get home. Thanks again.

Bryan- Hide quoted text -

Otto, thanks for the assistance. I have added the macro but nothing
happens at all. No errors messages, nothing happens. I've tried
putting the macro on each page in case I was doing it wrong, each time
the same result.

Bryan