Jon Peltier

Make a couple of helper columns. One is Year, with the formula =YEAR(xx), and the
other is Week, with the formula =WEEKNUM(xx), where xx is the date in the same row.
Put headers on each column (Date, Value, Year, Week). Select the range and construct
a pivot table (data menu). When laying out the pivot table, drag Year to the Columns
area, Week to the Rows area, and Value to the Data area (by default Excel uses Sum
of Value here).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

RJB wrote:

I have three years' worth of sales data, by transaction.

Example:

1/2/2002 5
1/2/2002 2
1/2/2002 3
1/3/2002 4
1/6/2002 2

And so on.

What I would LIKE would be a chart showing:

WEEK 2002 2003 2004
1 14 xx yy
2 2 xx2 yy2
3

and so on.

I know WEEKNUM returns the week number, but it shows the same value ("1")
for 1/2/2002, 1/2/2003, etc.

So how do I combine the data to give me the week of each year, and then lay
it over a table??????

This is what you get for being a Lit Major!