Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pammy Pammy is offline

Default abs formula

His formula was using only two years 2006 and 2007 and the formula
=(C2-B2)/ABS(B2) worked, but I cannot figure out how to use this formula
based on four years: 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 to get a variance. He keeps
telling me to use the ABS function, but I cannot figure how to get a
percentage using this function. I may not be understanding the ABS function.

"Fred Smith" wrote:

What's wrong with the formula "the person who did this last year" used? Why
not use it?

Regards,
Fred.

"Pammy" wrote in message
I have 4 columns of numbers and I am trying to get an ABS value. these are
based on years:
2005 2006 2007 2008

71 169 165 214
How do you do a ABS formula

The person who did this last year based it on 2006 and 2007 and he used:

=(C2-B2)/ABS(B2)