TBD

Biff,
Oh yes, I wouldn't even try the USGA handicap, then your into the
scenarios of best 5 of 10 till you get to best 10 of 20 against the
slope or course rating. Probably easier if you always are on the same
course, but if you go to different ones it would be a nightmare.

Biff wrote:
Hi!

I love golf!

Just one question. What if a player doesn't have 6 scores? What if they only
have 5 or even 4?

This will do what YOU ASKED FOR.

Assume the scores are in the range B2:R2. That's a total of 17 weeks.

T2 = formula for Total

Entered with the key combo of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

=SUM(LARGE(R2:INDEX(A2:R2,LARGE(IF(A2:R2<"",COLUM N(A:R)),6)),{2,3,4,5}))

If you want the average: (also array entered)

=AVERAGE(LARGE(R2:INDEX(A2:R2,LARGE(IF(A2:R2<"",C OLUMN(A:R)),6)),{2,3,4,5}))

If you think that's difficult, you should try to calculate handicaps
STRICTLY following the USGA guidelines! Yoi!

Here's a sample file that you might find useful:

http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html

Scroll down to item 27.

Biff

"TBD" wrote in message

Thanks, That's excatly what I want, I'm getting a num error, but I have to
run the column out to R2, so I'm trying a few things and see if I can get
it worked out
Ron Coderre wrote:

If I understand you correctly, you want to start at the latest score and
count back to only include the last 6 scores, allowing for some golfers
to skip a week. Consequently, you may go back 6 weeks to get 6 scores
for some golfers, but go back 7 or 8 for others. Then eliminate the high
and low from that period and sum the remaining 4 scores. If that is
correct, I think this formula will work:

=SUM(LARGE(OFFSET(K2,0,-11+LARGE(IF(B2:K2<"",COLUMN(B2:K2)),6),1,12-LARGE(IF(B2:K2<"",COLUMN(B2:K2)),6)),{2,3,4,5}))

(Note: Commit that array formula by pressing [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Enter]

Does that help?

Ron