Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Invalid Range Name

I have inherited a ton of spreadsheets that are really old. Some of them
have a ton of range names that aren't needed. I found a nifty little macro
on this discussion board that will delete them all and have been using it
regularly to clean up these old spreadsheets. However, I just encountered a
problem with one workbook that I can't figure out. When I run this macro to
delete the range names I'm getting "Run time error '1004': That name is not
valid". When I try to delete manually, I see that the first named range is
two little squares and then some letters. If I hi-light it and then click
delete I don't get the error message, but it doesn't delete it either. I'm
sure this is why the macro is not working.

Any suggestions?