Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BrucenAZ BrucenAZ is offline

Default Using an Excel macro to reset a drop down list

I like your idea. However, the drop down lists are not assigned to specific
cells. How do I define the Range of a drop down list? Thanks.

"bpeltzer" wrote:

It sounds like you already know what the result should be. So rather than
worry about selecting the first item from the validation list, you could just
set the proper starting value: Range("A1") = "choose answer" (repeat for
each cell that needs to be reset).

"BrucenAZ" wrote:

How do I reset a drop down list to a default, such as "Choose answer," using
a macro. I tried recording it straight forward, but no luck.

I'd like the macro to 1) clear the name field (this is a quiz), 2) reset the
score to zero and 3) reset the drop down answers for each question to "choose
answer." I already have #1 and #2 figured out. Thanks.