Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple Lookup Criteria (revisited)

There is a slight danger in your approach.

You are setting up criteria on cols A,B,D and pulling data from col C.

If more than one row matches the criteria, you will get the sum of the
passing col C values rather than just a single col C value.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

"Cam1234" wrote:

Hi All,

I'm using the following formula to return data in a sheet:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Demand1!$A$1:$A$9731=$A21),(--Demand1!$B$1:$B$9731=G$19),(--Demand1!$D$1:$D$9731=$B$17),(Demand1!$C$1:$C$9731) )

In the sheet with the formula, I have part numbers down column A, dates
across rows (19 in this case), and another text qualifier in B17.

In sheet "Demand1" I have 4 columns - A has part numbers, B has dates, C has
quantity (the value I want returned), and D has the text qualifier.

My problem is that the formula sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - it is
very tempermental. I've tried matching all the formating, and still
sometimes it does not work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,