Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ste Ste is offline

Default find 2nd occurence

On Nov 17, 1:45*pm, Totti wrote:
I forgot to say that in K:K i have the starting date of the interval
=left(A2,10) and in J:J i have the end dates = right(A2,10)
and it works fine so if the date start date * date < end date, this
will give me "1" in the truth table and i am matching the 1, and
getting the code.

So, if in K:K you have the starting date and in J:J the ending date, I
suppose that in L:L you have the letter codes? I understood what you
are trying to do, but this simply doesn't work all the way down to A:A
dates. I keep getting N/A till the cell corresponding to the last
interval, and then I get a VALUE error.

The IF thing, worked fine, but I am still not happy with that. I want
a simple formula, and not a 4-line one.