Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ste Ste is offline

Default find 2nd occurence

On Nov 17, 12:20*pm, Totti wrote:
Hi all,
I have a row of dates like this:
10.03.2008
10.26.2008
11.16.2008
11.17.2008
12.16.2008
01.08.2009
on the same sheet there is a table with dates intervals like this one:
Time Interval * * * * * * * *Code
01.07.2008 - 03.19.2008 A
03.06.2008 - 03.18.2008 B
03.14.2008 - 06.30.2008 C
05.24.2008 - 09.12.2008 D
09.13.2008 - 11.17.2008 E
I was trying to find the first occurence of the dates from A:A in the
table of time intervals and get the code and actually i did, with this
formula in B:B :
=INDEX($J$3:$J$15,MATCH(1,((A2$K$3:$K$15)*(A2<$L$ 3:$L$15)),0))
and it works great,
Now i am trying to expand the formula to find the second occurence
(put it in C:C) different than the first one found in (B:B) and i got
stuck, i just cant see it, i am thinking that something should be done
inside my MATCH so to speak "start from where you stopped in B:B", can
this be done?
or otherwise any ides on how to approach it in an other way?
Thanks .

I've done almost everything but still can't make it with the letter
code problems. In fact, the solution you suggest for the B:B, doesn't
work for me. Instead, I did it with IF but what if the time intervals
where 50 or even 100?

Can anyone help?