Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Newbie Q

Assume the posted data is in Sheet1/2, cols A to C, data from row2 down
Make a copy of Sheet1 (your master), rename it as Sheet3

Then in Sheet3,
Label D1 as Email2
Put in D2:
=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)),"",INDEX(Sheet2!C :C,MATCH(A2,Sheet2!A:A,0)))
Copy down
--
Max
Singapore
"dredwin" wrote:
Newbie confused about how to do the following combined worksheet: (simplified
example)

Worksheet 1
ID # Name Email1
1 Bob
2 Sally

3 Mike

4 Greta

Worksheet 2
ID # Name email2
1 Bob

2 Sally

4 Greta

Worksheet 3
ID # Name Email1 Email 2
1 Bob

2 Sally

3 Mike

4 Greta

Basically, the "master" worksheet (1) has all the ID numbers and email 1.
Worksheet 2 has the Email Addresses (2) I'd like to use, but some folks from
Worksheet 1 don't have Email Address #2.

I tried to "Match" and VLookup but I am not sure how to do it (or if I am
doing the right thing...since the list #1 has some unique ID numbers.

Thanks