Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tracy Tracy is offline

Default Copying info from two cells so that it is searchable later

I am trying to combine data from two cells, separated by a hypen (-) and
ending with -10-8. The resulting answer in the final cell would look like
this 2-3-10-8.

The 2 and the 3 are in separate columns so I created a formula that looks
like this =(C81&"-"&D81&"-10-8"). It works like a charm except when I search
for the data in the new cell (for instance 2-3-10-8), it does not recognize
the 2-3-10-8 in the new cell so it says it can not find it. Is there a
command that will convert the contents of the new cell into a format that can
be read by the search tool???

Thank you.