KenG

Default Excel won't launch after applying MS Office Updates

I'm running XP Pro and MS Office SBE. I recently applied several updates
from Msft (XP updates first, then the Office updates suggested) and now Excel
won't launch. I tried the shortcut, the menu item and double-click on an xls
file. It looks like it's going to load the program and then just disappears
with no error message.

I ordered a CD for SP3, but really, most of those updates are on already.
I'm thinking there was a problem with one of the Office updates, but cannnot
find any references to that scenario in the General Questions group.

My question is, should I reinstall Excel, wait for the SP3 CD or what?

Thanks in advance.