Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default order of days

try this

=INT(DAY(A1)/7)+1&" "&TEXT(A1,"dddd"&" of "&"mmmm yyyy")

On Nov 15, 5:16*pm, Totti wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have in A1:Ax dates, formatted as "mm.dd.yyy", i need a formula that
will tell me which day is that day, but in the known way like monday,
tuesday,.... i know how to do this, i want to get something like this:
FIRST Monday of December 2008, like getting the date and telling me
which monday of this month is it, or say second saturday, fourth
wednesday, such things i mean.

i know how to get the last part (Monday of December 2008) but i have
no clue on how will i check which one is it? like first second, third?
how can i do this?

Thanks in advance for any help