RagDyeR

I don't understand them either, and I think I'm American!?!?<g

RD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
I wish you wouldn't use these American cultural references, I never
understand them :-)

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Moe: Lady, you must be psychic!

Bob Phillips wrote:

... what did I say?

Bob

"fLiPMoD£" wrote in message
Dave,
Can you please explain the formular you have here...very interesting.

Thanks in advance

...Coming From where I'm From.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I like this syntax:

=index(othersheet!$c$1:$c$10,
match(1,(a2=othersheet!$a$1:$a$10)*(b2=othersheet! $b$1:$b$10),0))

(one cell)

This is an array formula. Hit ctrl-shift-enter instead of enter.

If
you
do it
correctly, excel will wrap curly brackets {} around your formula.

(don't
type
them yourself.)

Roni wrote:

Let's say I have the following information in sheet1:
Serial # Asset code Location
1 A =vlookup(???)
2 B
3 C

In sheet2, I have the complete listing where I want to get the

data
from:
Serial # Asset code Location
1 A XYZ
2 B ABC
3 C DEF

In sheet1, I want to have formula that can retrieve "location" if
serial # = 1 and asset code = A. Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,
Roni

--

Dave Peterson