Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
faureman via OfficeKB.com faureman via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Count Bold - need to Recalculate?

All,

I have used some code (found on this site - thank you!) that will effectively
count the number of cells in a range that are bold. Here is the code:

Function CountBold(rg As Range) As Long
'originally posted by Ron Rosenfeld
Dim c As Range
For Each c In rg
CountBold = CountBold - c.Font.Bold
Next c
End Function

The cell that is "counting" uses this formula: =countBold(K11:L15)

The formula works! However, the issue is that it will not automatically
recalculate if I "bold" or "unbold" one of the cells in the range - even
though "Recalculate" (F9) is set to Automatic.

The only way the formula updates is to click into the formula cell and hit
enter.

Please explain how I can get this to update automatically upon bolding or
unbolding a cell found in the range.

Thanks.