Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rivkee rivkee is offline

Default Apostrophe in Numbers

I understand that when there is an apostrophe in front of a number that is
only visible in the forumla bar, that the the number is text. I am trying to
figure out a way to add the apostrophe to a column of numbers. I need this
to be done in order for vlookups to give me an accurate value. Because of
links to querys from my database, I cannot convert the numberic texts to
numbers. I have to somehow convert the numbers to the text with an
apostrophe. I've searched and searched for an answer. Can anyone please
help? Thanks!