Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Juan Juan is offline

Default Compare 2 sets of data

I just made up this long formula but it's giving me an error on the last
"IF". Also i think i have too many expressions to compare.

=IF(A2=J2," ","X",IF(B2=K2," ","X",IF(C2=L2," ","X",IF(D2=M2,"
","X",IF(E2=N2," ","X",IF(F2=O2," ","X",IF(G2=P2," ","X",IF(H2=Q2,"
","X",IF(I2=R2," ","X"))))))))))

"Juan" wrote:

I have 2 sets of data that i will place side by side and each record will
display on each row rather than columns. They will consist of the the same
amount of columns across. Example - ID, Last Name, First Name, Enter Date,
disability Code placed on row 1

I want to compare the first range of 5 columns on the first row to the next
5 columns on the same row. Ideally i would like to have an X placed on the
11th column as a sign of a discrepancy in data (If enter date in the first
range is different from the second set or Disability Code is different and so
on).

Would that be possible or would it be simpler to have something where the
different fields are highlighted. If D1 does not equal I1 or E1 does not
equal J1.