Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Counting blank cells between non-blank cells

Hi,

If you just want to be alerted to the fact that two consecutive cells are
blank why not try conditional formatting:

1. Select all the data in a column, suppose its A2:A1000, and choose Format,
Condtional Formatting, from the first drop down pick Formula is and in the
second box enter the formula

=OR(AND(A2="",A1=""),AND(A2="",A3=""))

Click the Format button and choose a color on the patterns tab

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire
"AndyH" wrote:

Does anyone know a simple way to count the number of blank cells between
non-blank cells? I have a column of data that in some cases has from zero to
five blank cells between non-blank ones. If there are not two blank cells
between the non-blank ones, it is an indication of a potential coding error
within the data source. I'm looking for an easy way to do my data scrub.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.