Ken Wright

Start your sum from one row above, ie row 8 and make that row blank (maybe
shrink it a bit too)

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"ntscott" wrote in message
I've created a worksheet that uses a macro. The macro adds a line at the

top
of the worksheet. I have some cells that total from different columns. I
thought that changing the formula in the totals cells to an absolute
reference should work...I want the formula in the total box to always add

the
cells from D9 on down the line...In my totals cell I wrote

=sum($D$9:$D$500).
When I run the macro, it moves all of my rows down 1 row and inserts a new
row 9. When I click on my totals cell to read the formula, it now reads
=sum($D$10:$D$501). HELPPPPP!