Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Counting blank cells between non-blank cells

=COUNTBLANK(A5:A11)
or
=1-ROW(A5)+ROW(A11)-COUNTA(A5:A11)

de3pending upon whether you want to count blanks or empties
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200814

"AndyH" wrote:

Does anyone know a simple way to count the number of blank cells between
non-blank cells? I have a column of data that in some cases has from zero to
five blank cells between non-blank ones. If there are not two blank cells
between the non-blank ones, it is an indication of a potential coding error
within the data source. I'm looking for an easy way to do my data scrub.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.