Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Issue selecting other worksheets

... but can't switch to another sheet via clicking on its tab (nor can I
minimize or close the workbook itself with the buttons on the top right of
the window)

Some thoughts - do recollect resemblances to the behaviour you mention
whenever I work with tiled windows in a book with pivots (xl2003). I'd just
try use Ctrl+Page Up/Down to advance/retreat through sheet tabs if I realize
that I can't somehow select the tab. It's an annoyance, no doubt.
--
Max
Singapore