Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cynthia Cynthia is offline

Default Text and Numeric lookup

Phil,
Thank you - this works great! One question - is there a way to amend the
command so that I can copy it across columns and have the Sheet 1 secondary
column reference and location number change automatically (i.e.: from
H39:L1000, 5, false to H39:L1000, X, false)? As it is, I have to do that
manually each time I copy over to get address2, city, state, zip.

Thank you,
Cynthia
--
Cynthia

"Phil" wrote:

Hi Cynthia,

In sheet 2, col D, insert a lookup formula... =VLOOKUP(A2,[the range
of data in Sheet1),4,FALSE

So, for the house number, you would have =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet1!
A1:D1000,4,FALSE)

This picks up the ID# in your awards sheet, compares it to the range
you've specified, to find the ID number in the first column of the
adresses sheet, then finds the entry in column 4 of that range. The
"FALSE" at the end of the formula ensures that if no exact match is
found, an #N/A error results.

Hope that helps

Phil