Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Bill is offline

Default Random Data Generator

Your rephrase is correct. The % is static, set by me. The grid table is 6
block by 6 block with column headers 01,02,03,04,05,06 and the row header
0,1,2,3,4,5. I have not assigend the % yet, was just trying to give an
example.

"John C" wrote:

From you other post:
The percentages are created by me. 022 is the column / row that the data
point appears in. The data set on the far left is text that I am randomly
assigning into the block and do not want more than certain percentages of
each data point

022 ... how is this a valid column/row?

I am going to try to rephrase the question...
You have, in the data you sent, 16 different data points, FB1, FB2, FB3,
FB4, C1, C2, C3, C4, PO, PO1, PO2, PO3, and CU1, CU2, CU3, CU4.
Then you have a grid (or table) that you want these data points to appear
in. But you want to ensure that these data points do not appear in th grid
more than a certain percentage of the time.
Question 1: How big is your 'grid' (table) in rows in columns? In other
words, how many total data points will you need filled
Question 2: The MAX percentage for each data point, is this a number that is
going to be static? Or will this number be randomized also for the different
data points? In either case, where in the information given thus far are you
assigning a MAX percentage (albeit not necessarily working)?

--
** John C **

"Bill" wrote:

Data is the column on the left. Each block in the grid has a random
generator for the data. I would like to assign a MAX percentage for each
data point.
FB1
FB2
FB3 00 01 02 03 04 05
FB4 0
C1 1
C2 2
C3 3
C4 4
PO 5
PO1
PO2
PO3
CU1
CU2
CU3
CU4

"John C" wrote:

Data 1 is only 5%.... of what? Same with Data 2, what is it 12% of? What is
being randomized? A little more clarity, and what is happening, and what you
expect/want to happen would be helpful.
--
** John C **

"Bill" wrote:

I have a data set that I created a block grid and a random genereator for. I
would like to put a percentage in for each piece of data so that data 1 is
only 5%, data 2 is 12% etc... How do I assign those percentages?