Otto Moehrbach

You still haven't given me anything that I can work with. I have no idea
what you want to do except loop through a list. What do you want the code
to do with the list as it loops through it? I have no idea what "updating a
single serial number" entails.
If you wish, send me a small file with a sample of what you have and a
sample of what you want to have. Also include a detail explanation of how
you get from one to the other. My email address is .
Remove the "nop" from this address. Include the version number of Excel
you are using. HTH Otto

"ayeFayze" wrote in message
Thanks for your input. i had thought a fairly simple sub subRoutine could
be
crafted to increment from an excel spreadsheet (1 column list) and loop
thru
the process. that would NOT have completed the process but would have
eliminated much of the tedium and bought me time to learn and
modify/improve
the structure. as i received this project, it had taken 3 weeks to finish
updating a single serial number. i have it down to 3 days, and want it
down
to 3 minutes. old system & old software, but i know it can be done. i can
tie
several macros together, but i have got to get to that list. i do
appreciate
your help and consideration.
ayeFayze