Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arceedee Arceedee is offline

Default empty cells in the drop down list

In the validation criteria dialogue window - allow - select 'list' - click
'ignore blank' - ok

Please don't forget to click if this was useful

"NirOrtal" wrote:

Hi

Im working with Excel 2007

I have a list of 5 items from A2:A6.
I highlighted A2:A11 and named it in the Name Box as €śServers€ť (I need the
empty cells for future items)
In F1 created drop down list and its data validation is €ś=servers€ť
When I pressing on the drop down box, the 5 items appear but also appears
the space of the 5 empty cells (A7:A11)
How can I eliminating the empty cell to be appear in the dropdown box? I
dont want every time that Im adding new items, to modify the Name Box

Thanx