Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bruce Benaway Bruce Benaway is offline

Default Trouble with formula

Thanks much, it worked. Have a general question as this has happened to me
before. How do you know when one, two or three parenthesis are needed before
and after some of these formulas. Thanks again.
--
Bruce

"Luke M" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(((A1:A4="Duncan")+(A1:A4="Simplet"))*B 1:C4)

You were missing a parenthesis near the beginning.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Bruce Benaway" wrote:

For some reason, I am having trouble getting this to work. Created the
following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(('Incoming Cores'!A1:A4="Duncan")+('Incoming
Cores'!A1:A4="Simplet"))*'Incoming Cores'!B1:E4)

The actual spreadsheet covers a much larger area. Simply wanting the sum of
the Duncan and Simplet rows. Can anyone see what I have down wrong?

a b c
d e

1 smith 33 44 55
66