Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dil Dil is offline

Default Bringing over text fields into pivot tables

Thanks for the post - I tried that, the problem is the data is more
meaningful when placed next betweem a particular field. For example, I'm
tracking costs and have a description field of the type of cost it is. I've
got about 4 columns of cost data, 1 column of comments, and then other data
fields. Is there a way to intersperse these types of columns?

Thanks again!

"Dil" wrote:

I've got a table of about 100 columns and 80 rows. I'm creating a simple
pivot table to bring over whichever columns are appropriate for a given
report. Some of these fields are text columns, but I am struggling bringing
over text fields into the pivot table.

Does anyone know how to bring over values (vs. sum or count) and text values
into a pivot table?

Thanks so much.