Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thomas Roos Thomas Roos is offline

Default How can I link data in three different cells? ck# date amount

This might get you started
Ck # Date Amount String
1234 12/31/2008 100.00 1234 12/31/08 100.00

the string formula
=A2&" "&TEXT(B2,"mm/dd/yy")&" "&TEXT(C2,"##0.00")

--
Tom

"Shiela" wrote:

I am trying to balance a checking account in excel. I want to keep three
cells linked to one another, for example check #, Date, and amount from a
registery and then link the comparison to the banks check # while leaving
those three information linked together. For example Banks cleared date,
cleared amount, and cleared check number. I also want the register to adjust
information to match to the bank statement and show a difference between the
two amounts into a new cell.