Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default merging/appending Excel documents using DOS ?

Nope.

In fact, I'm surprised that you get anything useful when you do this with MSWord
documents.

George Lewycky wrote:

Posted by George Lewycky (Sr Programmer Analyst)
on 11/13/2008 09:08:00 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to append to a annual Excel file a daily file once its
made
available
Preferably using DOS once my user saves the Excel document under an
expected name.

Example.

C: copy excel_today.xls + excel_master.xls excel_annual.xls

ALSO: Would this work for TEMPLATES ?????

I do this for text files and word document but I am having trouble
with Excel

Can this be done without VB or VBA using DOS.

Any ideas

Thanks in Advance

George

--