Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Blubber Blubber is offline

Default copy and paste problem in vb

That worked. Thanks Don

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub copyem()
Dim SourceWks As Worksheet
Dim TargetWks As Worksheet
Set SourceWks = Sheets("sheet2")
Set TargetWks = Sheets("sheet3")
With SourceWks
lastrow = Application.Max(2, .Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row)
..Range("A2:AS" & lastrow).Copy TargetWks.Range("A2")
End With

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Blubber" wrote in message
I have a sheet called DrListWorkCopy which data i would like to duplicate
in
DrListWorkCopy1. DrLIstWorkCopy1 exists as an empty sheet with headers on
row
1 identical to DrLIstWorkCopy. The Macro works well when there is data in
DrListWorkCopy. However, in the occasion when DrListWorkCopy happen to
have
no data in it, the macro coppies the headers and paste it onto
DrListWorkCopy1.

How do I prevent that? I think it has got to do with how I coded the last
empty row in DrListWorkCopy1.

The codes are as follows:

Dim SourceWks As Worksheet
Dim TargetWks As Worksheet

Set SourceWks = Sheets("DrListWorkCopy")
Set TargetWks = Sheets("DrListWorkCopy1")

SourceWks.Range("A2:AS" & SourceWks.Range("AS65536").End(xlUp).Row).Copy
TargetWks.Select
Range("A2").Select
TargetWks.Paste

Would appreciate some help.