Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Grouping Years in a Pivot table

Hi,

Create a new field in the data source =YEAR(C2) where C2 is the first date
field entry. Redefine the source of the pivot table to include this new
field. Add it as a outer row field. Put your cursor in that new pivot table
field and use the PivotTable, Group and Show Details, Group command.

In the Grouping dialog box that appear set Starting at to the first year,
Ending at to the last year and By to 5.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Ailish" wrote:

Hi

I have mastered groups dates by year in my pivot table, but I would like to
group them further in groups of 5 years. Any ideas?

Using Excel 2003

Thanks
Ailish