Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville Bill Manville is offline

Default Excel: External Network Links

I know nothing about MailSite, but the symptoms you describe are
similar to those we see if a user emails the summary workbook to
someone else as an attachment and that person opens the attachment,
gets an error because they can't access the linked files and then sends
it back to you.

Assuming that all users can see the network location of the summary
file, do not send the file around as an email attachent; rather get the
users to access the file from its network location.

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England