Peo Sjoblom

I believe he meant that if the 4th argument is FALSE you won't need any
sorting

Peo Sjoblom

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Hi RagDyeR,

I'm sure you're right. I just fail to see the typo! Please help.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"RagDyeR" wrote in message
Typo Niek:

<<"And, with the 4th argument as FALSE, the table (Column A) has to be
sorted
ascending"

RD

"Niek Otten" wrote in message
Hi Alan,

Are both items numeric or text? Check this with =ISTEXT or ISNUMBER,
even
if they look the same.
And, with the 4th argument as FALSE, the table (Column A) has to be
sorted
ascending.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Alan" wrote in message
Bob
Sorry already tried that ...
HAve used VLOOKUP before and this has me stumped !

Thanks anyways ... open to other suggestions

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Alan,

Check that the lookup value and the unique ids are exactly the same. On
matching item, do a LEN(C3) and LEN(Ax) to see that there are no
extraneous
spaces in there.

--

HTH

RP

"Alan" wrote in message
I have a Workbook with multiple sheets.... On one sheet I have a
unique
identifier which provides me with certain information and have
acquired
another which gives me more, but also has the same unique
identifier...

I wish to import this into the one sheet for reference, however this
is
not
performing as expected.

THe sheet I am trying to copy from has 2 columns of data column 1
being
the
unique index and column 2 being the data to be copied

I have used a VLOOKUP function on the main page viz:
=VLOOKUP(C3,WorkNo!A2:B8200,2,FALSE) where C3 is the location of the
unique
index in the main sheet.

I am however getting the error "Value not available" although doing
an
individual find on the other sheet finds it is there ???

Any help greatfully appreciated

Alan