Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Satti Charvak[_2_] Satti Charvak[_2_] is offline

Default Excel misbehavior

Well,

is the scroll lock enabled, and num lock not enabled...
i think the issue is something with numlock and scroll lock keys.

trying using these keys and see if you can repeat the problem.

--
Kind Regards,
Satti Charvak

"PhillyRon" wrote:

Thanks for the info, Peo. I'm not sure if "ghosting" is the right diagnosis,
but I will work my way through the (extensive) collection of cures. If I
still have the problem, I will update this discussion.

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

See if this will help you

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt

Peo Sjoblom

"PhillyRon" wrote in message
Without warning, once every couple weeks, I will notice that my Excel will
stop behaving normally: when you try to enter a value into a cell, you
can't. Excel will highlight the cell instead. If you try to move from
that
cell, you end up highlighting whole sections of the spreadsheet. The only
way I have found to stop this behavior is to reboot the computer. I am
currently using Excel 2007, although I had noticed this phenomenon
occurring
ocasionally with my previous edition of Excel 2003. My question is: Is
this
a glitch in Excel, a virus, or a deficiency in my PC? Any fixes
available?

PhillyRon