Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PaddyR PaddyR is offline

Default Re-formatting

What you say is true. In my example, Row 1 contains cells A1 (Name) B1(empty
cell) C1 (Hire Date) & D1 (Starting Salary)

Row 2 contains cells A2 (Title) B2 (empty cell) C2 (empty cell) & D2
(Current Salary)

The second record includes the same information on Row 3 and Row 4.
The third record includes the same information on Row 5 and Row 6, etc.

In my new spreadsheet, for purposes of sorting and analysis, I need to
transfer cells A1 (described above) to A1; A2 to B1; C1 to C1; D1 to D1; and
D2 to E1.

It's also possible to perform this task by simply moving cells around in the
existing spreadsheet and adding new headings. But, with 4,750 records I need
to find a shortcut option that works across the entire list.

Thanks for your response!

PaddR

"Argy - Arcasoft" wrote:

One more question, if what I said is true, is there any spaces in between the
data? And considering that as a true conclusion, what you really have is
(9500/2) = 4,750 records. Is this correct?

Argy

"PaddyR" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet (9500 lines) with data organized in the following
way:

name blank hire date starting salary
title blank blank current salary

I need to reorganize this information into a single line format which reads:

name title hire date starting salary current salary

Because of the length of the document I need to find the best, automatic way
to accomplish this change. I'm new to Excel 2007 so would be grateful for
any, simplified assistance.