Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default transfer data cell from another work sheet

Hi,

Take a look at the function VLOOKUP

=VLOOKUP(A1,Table,3,FALSE)

would look up the value in A1 , 1234 in a range you designate on another
sheet, I called it Table, 3 tells it I want the associated information from
the third column of the Table range where the first column was the column
containing the number I was looking up. False means I want an exact match.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"MDAM" wrote

I want to input a value in one cell and get the info from another cell in
another worksheet, eg I put 1234 it will give a name associate with that
number