Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stephen McLeod Stephen McLeod is offline

Default Splitting cell data into multiple cell information

Rick,

I thought your explanation on this subject very clear - I have 2 related questions and a 3rd separate but frustrating very different issue.

1. How can I take a long selection of cells and remove in every case the last character?

2. Is there a way in a long selection of data I can eliminate all characters in a string to the left of or right of a single character or more usefully a common series of characters in a string? eg., if the word "Contact" appears in every string how can i get split the data so that everything before the word "Contact"is separated?

3. For some reason in Excel for the up/down/left/right keys for navigating in a worksheet do not work and only have the effect of moving the entire worksheet up/down/left or right on the screen. Not sure what I have done but can't find the fools solution.

Thanks

Stephen