Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Conditional formatting if a cell contains a formula

Hi,

You may also try this

Go to insert name (name the formula as €ścellhasformula€ť) and in the €śRefers
to€ť box, type the following formula = get.cell(48,indirect(€śrc€ť,false)).
Now in the conditional formatting dialog box, type =cellhasformula in the
"Formula is". Use the desired formatting.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"tsbarr" wrote in message
I would like to apply conditional formatting if a cell contains a formula
as
opposed to an entered number. I would think that is doable somehow using
Formula Is condition, but I have not been able to figure it out. I
thought
the cell function might be the one to use, but all I can see is being able
evaluate if the cell contains a value, text or blank. The formula results
in
a value, and an input number is a value, so going that route hasn't panned
out. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks,
Tim